DC8800 Concealed Transom Closer
This product is not available for online purchase.
The heavy-duty DC8800 door closer has been developed to provide the door control market with a concealed transom for both timber & metal applications.
The bottom pivot now has a 100kg loading as standard.
- Bottom pivots (8800-02) features height adjustment from 31.5mm to 58.5mm. The standard pivot point is 70mm and features a 100kg bearing rating.
- Standards Arm (8800-T13) is fully adjustable to achieve a vertically square swing as well as adjustment to centralise the closed position.
- For internal door select one size smaller.
- For doors in severe drafts select one size larger.
- A door stop should always be used to prevent the closer mounting from damage and the closer opening beyond its templated limit.
- Locate a door stop no less than 2/3 of the door width away from the pivot centre.
Metal, glass or timber installation in either an external or internal location.
The body is manufactured in cast iron with steel cams and pistons. Arms are cast steel with zinc pressure cast bottom pivots. The non-critical valves are turned brass with neoprene ‘O-rings’.
The closing forces will vary depending on the width of door the valve adjustment and the surrounding air flow conditions. The forces will vary from approximately 16Nm to 33Nm.
Two independent valves providing hydraulic control from 130o of closing range and 15o of latching. Both are fully adjustable after installation backcheck is set.